Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The beginning...

While thinking up a name for this blog I googled "create a day" and got creationist sites. Since this wasn't the intent of this blog I went with easelarts - the name that I use on etsy. While I would love 1000s of people to see this blog and comment I'm really doing it to encourage myself to create an artwork a day. I used to do more art and I'm slowly getting back to it. I figure it was like when I first started at a real gym after university. I got a trainer because I thought that would keep me on my toes to begin with. This blog will be like that trainer, waiting for me to keep my daily appointment. Maybe not as scary, though. Hopefully not. I was in a bit of a rut there for awhile with the daily routine of going to work, coming home exhausted, watching tv and going to bed. With a case of "underemployment" at the moment, all of this has changed and I feel so much better for it.

So hopefully I will have some people witness my achievements (and failures) along the way and also hopefully see an improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment