Saturday, October 31, 2009

October 31, 2009 - bistro


This image is based on a photograph I took while in Paris. I just love images of their shops, cafes and restaurants. They are always so lovely and so French. I was going to change the name of the restaurant in my watercolour but thought better of it; "Gaspard de la Nuit" just works. I cracked open more new paper and again it's Hahnemuhle. Love it. This is from the matt block. Why don't we have these papers here?

Pleased with this picture. I also used some of my new pans of colour from Germany although I'm afraid the green is one I have already. Oh well. Can't have too much green.

Feel so pleased with myself that I got a picture done today. I have been worrying lately about employment and such but I read a brief thing in a magazine at the library that called my situation "funemployed" - when you have the time to do what you wanted to do and to enjoy it. I've got to start enjoying this time more and trying not to worry. Painting is ever so calming...

I am closer to making this a sideline, though. I've got most of my watercolours scanned and I'm going to try hocking them on a stock illustration website. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment