Thursday, March 11, 2010

Coxwell houses


Yes, yes, I know, I've been neglecting the blog again. And yes, another Coxwell image. I have been doing other things. Seriously. Let's see, I've been trying to make contacts for work, I've been doing photography, I got work ready for a show, getting cards made up, I've been sorting things out at home etc.

I do have to ramp up things when it comes to this show. I'm almost regretting choosing watercolours based on archival photos. First, I'm guessing at colours. But this doesn't mean I can use whatever colour I want. For the most part, things were not painted bright colours. It just wasn't done even if people had access to fuschia and the money to paint their house that colour. Mostly, as with these three houses, I would assume that the people didn't have much money at all and probably left their houses as they were or preserved the wood with a quite serviceable colour.

I did pick up some fantastic paper (Somerset) which I plan to use if I decide to just do prints of the original watercolours for the show. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment