Sunday, August 23, 2009

August 23, 2009





I was quite prolific today and feel quite good about that and trying to forget that I have let things go the last week or so. The weather has been too nice. You might say "Get out and paint in it then" but then all I want to do is flick through a magazine. There have been the house projects and friends coming over and work getting in the way (freelancing a bit).

So, today I had some making up to do but it was a cloudy day and I had a fantastic day out in the country yesterday so back to work (should be doing some real work but that's another story). These are mostly just sketches to get me back into the practice. More involved painting coming soon.

The telephone is inspired by an image on decor8. I did the orange cat from an image and then thought I should be doing one of my own cat, Zoe. The colouring on her face makes it look like a mask. I'm sure there will be more modelling for her in the near future. Haven't quite caught her character yet. The dress was inspired by a photo in Homes and Antiques of a black flapper's dress. I made it less severe in mauves.


No comments:

Post a Comment