Monday, January 30, 2012

Fun with Photoshop - Black and White

Bordeaux


After having weekend plans change, I finally had some time to get down to playing with my photos and photoshop. I have also been catching up with a back log of photography magazines and I decided to follow some of the tips in Digital Camera's feature on Black&White Masterclass. This is from issue 120. Now, this is a bit on the extreme end although the clouds were pretty menacing. We were biking along the river in Bordeaux when a storm appeared out of nowhere. We can laugh about it now but after not being able to find a spot to ditch our bikes (they were part of the velib' system), I was starting to worry about a waterlogged camera. I could dry but my camera would be the worse for wear. I covered my beloved Sony A55 until we finally pulled over for some shelter. Never think you can beat a storm or that it will get better.

Here I've worked with the channels mixer to isolate a certain colour to bring out the drama in the sky. Many curves layers and masking later, this was created with some added dodging and burning and some added noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment